Sunlight and outdoor activity are both important for children and adults’ mental and physical health. Here are a few helpful tips to keep the smiles and laughter coming and minimize the risks and your worries.
- When spending longer periods of time outdoors, be sure to regularly apply sunscreen. Even cloudy skies can cause sunburns.
- Backyards are generally safer than front yards due to being more controlled environments and usually distanced from moving vehicles.
- Fenced in yards offer increased privacy and protection from traffic, strangers and wild animals.
- Keep a watchful eye on children, especially smaller children who tend to put everything in their mouths.
- Having a secure, gated or fenced in yard to play in ensures that if children temporarily get away from your line of sight you still know they are in a contained space.