Automobiles and garages can both be extremely dangerous for children. In fact, vehicle related injuries are the leading cause of preventable deaths and injuries to children in the United States. You can reduce the risk of child death and injury by as much as 71% by correctly installing and using child safety seats. Here are some tips to avoid the many hazards in your garage and on the road:
- Install mirrors in your garage to eliminate blind spots.
- Do not leave sharp or dangerous tools lying around.
- Unplug power tools and devices when they are not in use.
- Use safety guards on all tools and if possible, lock them up and store them out of the reach of children.
- Store paints, chemicals, poisons and cleaning products on high shelves and secure them in so they can’t fall off.